Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Many have noticed that WWE has seemingly removed references to Saudi Arabia on its Crown Jewel page. There’s speculation this could mean the event is going forward but changing countries. PW Insider says as of right now no decision has been made on pulling the event from Saudi Arabia.
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer mentioned hearing that many are unhappy in New Japan and that’s across the board. He also said The Elite didn’t want to leave but it’s up in the air now what they do.
- That said, Tama Tonga has been on Twitter saying Meltzer has been getting played.
- Per PW Insider, Edge is still scheduled to be at SmackDown 1000 despite WWE no longer advertising the “Cutting Edge” segment.
- They also say Booker T and Big Show have been booked for the event, and if The Rock appears it will likely be via video.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct!